The Women’s Network Political Action Committee (TWNPAC) was established in 2006 by The Women’s Network. TWNPAC is the only women-led state-level PAC in Kentucky that is dedicated to supporting Democratic candidates. TWNPAC considers Kentucky Democratic candidates for endorsement and financial support.
Since TWNPAC began, it has awarded almost $144,000 in financial support to Democratic candidates, supporting candidates for both statewide and federal offices.
- In August 2016, TWNPAC provided $14,000 in financial support to 22 candidates.
- In January 2016, TWNPAC provided $4,000 in financial support to four candidates running in the special election for seats in the State House.
- In 2015, TWNPAC provided $7,000 in financial support to seven Constitutional candidates.
- In 2014, TWNPAC provided $20,000 in financial support to three federal candidates, 21 State House candidates and three State Senate candidates.
- In 2012, TWNPAC provided financial support to 20 candidates.
TWNPAC hosts major fundraising events on a biannual basis with keynote speakers that have included the late Helen Thomas, Anna Eleanor Roosevelt, Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth and Congresswoman Alma Adams.
All members of The Women’s Network are members of TWNPAC. In each election cycle, the TWNPAC Board reviews a report of funds available for candidate support, candidate questionnaires, endorsements by Branch Chairs, and conducts in-person interviews with candidates. TWNPAC requires a two-thirds majority of the TWNPAC Board voting yes in order to make an endorsement and assign financial support for a candidate. Votes by the TWNPAC Board must be cast in person at the endorsement meeting. Written or proxy votes are not permitted. The decision of the TWNPAC Board is final. Questionnaires are confidential and are destroyed following the endorsement process.